Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Seasons

Labriah Morgan 2-22-09 Class 1A

What’s your season?

Fresh air, new born flowers, this would be the perfect scenery for me if my life was in seasons. Physically I can’t take care of myself especially when the age of adolescence is 18 and older. Maintaining a life can be difficult for someone trying to run a house hold. Growing up (the biggest step in adult hood) can be a major headache because of childish temptations. All of these processes are what hold me back from going through the most important process in my life.
Can you say that you are able to care for yourself? I cannot say that I can, well that is legally at least. Physically, I can’t walk into a modeling agency and expect to be seen without a parent. Neither can I pay bills or buy food suitable for an adult. Every penny earned would be spent on something other than me which I honestly don’t look forward to. Mentally speaking I can tend to my needs. Hygiene, an important factor in life, comes first in my book. Showering, brushing my teeth, and deodorizing myself, are all mandatory things. Judgmentally, I nurture myself very well. Building good decision making habits, I can do.
Buds are still blooming in my life. Depending on what one does in their adult life, there are numerous amounts of duties to attend. Cleaning would be a big part in my life according to my plans. Dusty walls, dirty dishes, unclean floors and messy papers are unacceptable for me. My flowers are still buds because of the fact that I still have training to attend to on how to be able to live on my own. Young children might be a hassle. There are still some cooking lessons I have yet to attend. Boys are still somewhat confusing to me. Verbal arguments and mood swings are some of the things that have me “stuck”. Aspects such as these are what hold me back.
“The old me is dead and gone,” rapper T.I clearly explains the sudden epiphany the young girl in “Marigolds” had with this excerpt from his song. Unfortunately for me I have not reached that point. Maturity really holds me back the most. Responsibilities such as loosing important materials keep me in the spring. Simplicity I have to say holds me back the most. The fact that I yell out ignorant things to people show that childish enticements get the best of me at times.
Overall, the ending of spring explains my point in life perfectly. Bodily, I cannot take care of myself without the help of an adult. Mentally I consider a sundress and some sandals the perfect attire for me. I still need some assistance on basic house hold duties such as cleaning and caring for others. I necessitate little training on learning to withhold ignorant thoughts against people. Now that you know my season, are you satisfied with yours?

No comments: